What was your labor like?

For those of you who opted for an epidural, were you glad you did? For those who had C-sections, were you disappointed? And for those who went all natural, were you glad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a natural birth and could not be happier with it. By the time I was in so much pain that I would have wanted something, I was almost fully dilated. Just go into labor with a open mind and go with what works for you.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm glad I had all 3 natural. I won't say it was easy but the recovery seems to have been easier compared to those who had c-sections and epidurals. Every birth is different even if you have them all natural.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had a natural birth. Contractions started really light at 5.30 a.m. they got just a little stronger at noon and my daughter was born at 2.52 p.m.
    I never had really bad contractions that I would have wanted an epidural.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I was induced at 6:30 am and had my daugheter at 1:42 am the next day. I had an epidural around 5 in the evening. It was great, I was able to nap throughout the evening and was up walking to the bathroom within an hour after delivering her.
    SSwaney

Answer by SSwaney at 9:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Long story, so here's the short version. I was in labor all day and didn't know it. I decided 2 go 2 the hospital @ around 10:30pm, bcuz I had bloody mucus comin out of me. I was dilated 3cm, the nurse fisted me with her big ass knuckles 2 check how far I was dilated (it hurt like hell). By 11pm I was dilated fully, I started pushing, I peed on the nurse that fisted me (which was a bonus) and my dd was born @ 4:06am, yay me!
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I was fine with having epidurals. I only didn't have an option with one of my kids because my labor progressed to fast. They didn't even have time to officially admit me until after he was born. Within 20 minutes of arriving at the hospital he was born.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I went to 7 cm before I got my epi. I would have gotten it sooner, but there were like 3 emergancy surgeries so no one could get to me until then. Some people have easy labors, mine went on for over 24 hours + over 2 hours of pushing and my contractions were crazy painful. I am very glad I got mine, and have serious respect for ppl that can go natural.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009