Does anyone else's little girl that's almost 3 get into mischief?

My daughter gets into things that she's never gotten into before.

stayathomemom98

Asked by stayathomemom98 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my girl was 3, I actually thought 2 wasn't that bad, lol. This is the age of learning independence. They usually start testing boundaries and seeing what kind of reaction they can get from you. Depending on the mischeif she is causing, if you set a consequence, follow through on it or she won't take you seriously. Example: My son who is 4 refused to pick up his toys. I said he can either pick up his toys himself or I will, but if I have to do it he won't be able to take them out the rest of the day. He choose me, so he didn't take out the toys the rest of the day. To see if he understood why I asked him if he knew why. He said because I didn't put them away myself. So, the next day.......he cleaned up himself.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• my girls just turned 4 this summer and they still get into stuff they know they shouldn't. sometimes i think they are cleptoes in their own house, lol. i think their just at that age that they want to test how far they can get away with something before they get in trouble. i'm hoping that it will eventually stop but i'm thinking it won't stop till their teen years, if that, lol
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 11:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Thank u very much for all ur help. it's very appreciated.
    stayathomemom98

Answer by stayathomemom98 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 27, 2009