what are the stages for using new foods for babies?

like i know you give them cereal at like 2-3 months. and you start jared food at like 5 months. but when do i give him juice orstage two foods? and can i give him water?

sexymomma2k

Asked by sexymomma2k at 9:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ok when your baby is 4 mo. old then you need to feed him/her a week worth of one vegetable then after that week add another vegetable and feed both those vegetables a week then do this for 3 weeks maybe 4 whatever. Thats just so they know what your child is allergic to if it is.
    soon2bmommy89

Answer by soon2bmommy89 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• cereal 2-3 months hmm who told you this! you can start cereal at 4-5 ,months and then stage 1 solids maybe stage 2 and 3-4 days with one thing to make sure they are not allergic to it then moving to another and so on
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Actually they arent recommending cereal/solids untill 6 months now.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I started my DD (who is 5 months old) on cereal, then sweet potatoes, avocado, peaches, pears, apples, squash, bananas & today she had apple juice for the first time. I'm a first time mom and I think I'm doing okay with introducing new foods. I do a new food a week to see if she's allergic, then when I know she's not I mix them together. As for water, I haven't given her any because she's getting enough in my breast milk. Good luck :)
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009