3 month old keeps waking up cranky after daytime naps, but sleeps well at night. Anything I can do about this?

Hi, I have a three month old and recently she has only been sleeping for about 30 minutes about 3 or 4 times a day. She always seems to wake up tired and gets cranky pretty quickly. I've tried everything to keep her asleep but she just gets even fussier when I try to help her back to sleep. She sleeps well at night and if she was perfectly happy I wouldn't worry, but I can tell she needs to sleep longer. Any tips?

TopBrit

Asked by TopBrit at 9:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a almost 2 year old that's always cranky after nap... She always has been cranky after napping...
    But I'm always cranky too if I take a nap (not like that would happen often...).
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• She might be getting ready to do a routine change on you. Things you can try are swaddling (if she still likes it). I also have this music box thing to hang on the crib. It has 3 different buttons on it for a heartbeat (like womb sounds), classical music and nature sounds. My son is 13 months and still loves it. I think it's from Fischer Price. Maybe during the day she might be waking more and cranky because she is sleeping so good at night, too. I wouldn't mess with it too much if that's the case. That way she won't get her days and nights mixed up. That happens sometimes.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 9:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You could try some type of white noise, maybe there are just sounds that wake her up.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You could let her fuss a bit to see if she goes back to sleep... Maybe give it 10 or 15 minutes before you go in.
    mel011683

Answer by mel011683 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009