Gestational Diabetes?

Is it possible that I have gestational diabetes with the prone bladder infections and fatigue? I have a glucose test tomorrow. Dr put me on antibiotics and my bladder infection wont go away still.

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 9:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had GD and alot of bladder infections when pregnant, you can get them anyways but more prone to them with GD the dr said
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I have been prone to uti's for years now though and this time around, I have only gained 6lbs. Im only 20 wks but last time I knew I gained at least double that. Dr also said its possible I have GD because of the fatigue, uti's, and diabetes running in my family.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 9:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• yea i only gained 18lbs my whole pregnancy but had GD tested early due to it being high in my family so was on insulin from week 24 on ugh the joys lol
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I had GD and not a single bladder infection. For the most part my diet kept it under control but towards the end, I needed insulin shoots, not fun at all. And I couldn't even see my finger prints from so much lance usage. My fingers have healed, my diabetes is gone, my son is here and it was all worth it. hang in there, you can do it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009