Really? You support this type of thinking by supporting Obama and I am the one who gets called an idiot?

http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

This link was passed on to me today and I have to be honest I did Not read the whole thing, but what I did read makes me so mad and wonders who in their right minds would support this type of thinking? (Oh by the way, I am one who doesn't want others to "tattle" on me to Obama so I marked this anonymously... oh didn't you hear that one too? Yeah I believe it.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Funny, "zombie times", I didn't read it, but I have an opinion...

BRAINS>>>>I NEED BRAINNNNS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You are right, on the surface this is upsetting. I think I would have to get the book and check out the references myself. BO has appointed so many czar's to do his job that we can't keep up with the all. We know nothing about them before hand for vetting. It is only after the appointment that we learn anything but it is too late to do anything or voice an oppinion. These are the people running our country. People like the science czar and the new diversity director of the FCC. He is just as socialistic and just as scary.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I heard about this guy a while back, nice fella. But, don't you know that us mobsters/tea partying types are making all this stuff up, we are mean, we don't want to help people, we are just a bunch of old selfish whackos who simply want every CITIZEN to be treated fairly, our kids, grand kids & us, too! We don't want our families saddled with astronomical debt, b4 some members are even born! We are Americans, I think those who want all this com./soc. change should move where they can have their wish, because this is NOT what our soldiers have fought so hard for & many have lost their lives for! Socialism is not what true AMERICANS want! Tattle away, I have nothing to hide, except that I care about Americans & want them to have the same advantages I had when I was growing up & NOT have the gov't tutoring kids everyday in how to give away all they earn for the betterment of the collective, NO! that's not FREEDOM my friends!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Without reading the book, its impossible to make a judgement.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 10:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This is the very kinds of "coincidences" that Glenn Beck has been trying to point out for weeks now - what's funny is how people want to label him (and those of us against HR3200) as paranoid, unAmerican, tyrants, etc. Glenn Beck didn't write Holdrens book, he just exposed it for the rest of us to be aware of - and he pointed out that "these" are the kinds of people that Obama surrounds himself with..... if you run with the Klan then believe as the Klan believes, if you run with SkinHeads then you believe as SkinHeads believe, if you run with tyrants then you believe as tyrants believe...... Unless you happen to be Barack Obama. Then all natural order doesn't apply. Yeah right!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• This hoax has been perpetuated for too long. If you would look further than "zombie time" you would know that a textbook written as a description of what people have proposed regarding this issue does not make it the textbook writer's opinion. Do all WWII history writers support Nazism an genocide? Please do more research before spreading rumors.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Yes, for the reasons Stacy cited above, the noun in your title describes you perfectly.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• The damned book was written in 1977, folks.

And I actually agree with one idea..mandatory birth control in the water sounds like one HELL of a good idea considering some of the marching morons who are allowed to reproduce. In particular, I think of the "parents" who abuse their children because the kids are inconvenient in some way...waking up in the middle of the night, wetting the bed, etc.

HAVING reproductive organs doesn't mean one should always be allowed to USE them.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• * stacymomof2
    First never mind her link. The fact is Text books speak a relevant fact. example: history text books literature etc. etc. They wrote this "text book" based on their beliefs and studies. I am sorry but have you read the book? It states several times that it's their opinion and to their conclusion the best option. Maybe you should head to your local library.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am sorry but have you read the book? _______________________ No, have you? It's 1000 pages long. I doubt you read it. I read the passages cited as offensive, and then found the rest of the passages that were not included in the fear mongering. "a thorough reading shows that these were ideas presented as approaches that had been discussed. They were not posed as suggestions or proposals. In fact, the authors make clear that they did not support coercive means of population control. Certainly, nowhere in the book do the authors advocate for forced abortions."   http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jul/29/glenn-beck/glenn-beck-claims-science-czar-john-holdren-propos/   Read the whole article and forget about zombietime

stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009