weird bump

I have a very strange bump on the front of my thigh, and it's been there for about 2 months. It started out very small and round, and grew to be a little larger than a pencil eraser and is triangular now. It doesn't hurt at all, and it's red, not brown.
I don't have health insurance until November and it's really starting to get to me. . . anyone have any experience with something similar?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• Google "Sebaceas cyst" (my spelling could be way off!)and see if that's what it is. It's basically a cyst from an ingrown hair and while some very extreme ones need doctor's care, most will go away on thier own, but sometimes it does take a few weeks. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Thanks for the info. . . but it doesn't seem to be that. Those are only red when infected, and this one apparently isn't, because there's no swelling, pain, or heat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009