Could he be sick...?

My son is 14 months old...Friday when I cane home from work, the babysitter told me he had been taking a nap for 4 hours (and this little guy doesn't take naps for anything). When he got up his temp was 102 and he was just totally lethargic. I gave him some Motrin and Pedialyte and he drank it and his temp went down to 100 but he wouldn't eat or anything. Now, 5 days later, the fever is gone but he's not his usually bubbly self...he just wants to lay down or be held. He hasn't had much of an appetite and he's been sleeping crazy amounts. He's asleep more than he's awake! I'm wondering if he could still be sick...or is there something else that could cause this?

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, I'm not asking to be bashed. He has no fever, he's still drinking plenty of liquids and he's eating, just not as much as usual. For your information, I currently am waiting for my health insurance to kick in and don't have the kind of money laying around to go to the doctor for anything less than an emergency. AND for the record, I'm not asking for medical advice, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Thanks!
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• eh people are asses when they can hide behind a screen. don't let them get to you. I would personally be worried about all those things. All I can think is that he has a virus (or general illness) still in his system. Fevers usually mean the body is fighting it- I don't even know if its good that his fever is down if he's still so out of it... but you know, he may just be wiped from being sick. If it weren't that you have no insurance, I would absolutely take him in. Is there a sliding scale clinic or something in your area? Hopefully you'll be able to get him seen soon!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Please take him to a doctor. Those are definitely signs for concern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You never really know. I have noticed that my son bounces back from an illness before the fever goes away, while my friend's little boy doesn't get fevers when he's sick. Usually, drs say to wait a week anyway, so don't let people get to you. Think back on what he's eaten, where he's been, if anyone else was sick, etc. It could be some infection, etc, so it may be worth getting checked. Good luck!
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2009