i know its normal for ur ankels and feet, face and hands to swell a bit but what if ur legs swell up? i can get the swellin down in my legs when i sit down with them proped but everytime i get up they swell back up..

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is this normal?
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• No you might have toxticity your should talk to a doctor
    KristineRader

Answer by KristineRader at 9:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I personally dont think its normal but it happens to me and the doctor said not to worry. I would be on top of them though if they tell you the same thing. Even when I prop mine the swelling doesnt go down so at least yours do for a little bit. Good Luck!
    DueOnSept23

Answer by DueOnSept23 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• what about drinking an extreme amount of water for a few days...swelling is from water retaining because your not drinking enough, in most cases unless there is someother medical issue.

if pregnant ur supposed to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water a day...thats about 4 regular bottles of water, try to increase up to 6 bottles of water and see if theres a difference. I know its a lot but ur body may be needing it, so its retaining.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i was exactly like that.. except mine never went down.. i ahd sever pre esclampisia.. my legs were so sowllen i couldnt wear shoes, there was no deffination in my ankles or my knees... everything turned out fine i jsut had to be monitered weekley... call your OB and talk with them about it
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It happens to me often during pregnancy. The thing that has helped the most is lavender oil- I'll rub it on my legs, knees, ankles, and feet- especially before I go to bed. It has really reduced the swelling which is so nice because it can be painful.

Another thing to try is to ice the area. I keep 2 bottles of frozen water in my freezer and when it gets bad I'll roll the bottles up and down my legs and also roll my feet on top of the bottles. The cold helps to relieve a lot of the pain too.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2009