Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BF's mom stole our birth certificates,now im having trouble getting my son into headstart!!! need to vent!!

My bf choose to move away from his parents because they treated me and our son like shit-and done nothing but try to cause problems.When we were in the process of moving his mom STOLE our envelope of importent papers and refused to give them back because my bf refused to leave me.Now that we live over 200 miles away im having MAJOR trouble getting a copy of my sons Birth Cert. and they wont let him in headstart without seeing it! Our final appt. with them is this friday morning and I have to have all the paperwork then-what do i do? Does the birth record certificate the hospital gives you count as a legal birth record? HELP! im just sooo irritated and pissed because that woman is still causing trouble for us even though we havent had nothing to do with them in a year!!! my bf and i have been together over 5 years and its been 1 thing after another!!

Answer Question

Asked by dakotasmommy06 at 9:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (19)
  • you call this idiot of a mom and tell her that you will get the police involved if she don't hand over your important documents. Say it and mean it, stop allowing her to have her way. Let her know you're not dealing with her childish games anymore. Who cares how she feel about you and her son, but now she messing with your kids, and its game on. Say it and mean it.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • his parents sound like a bunch of assholes, im different, i would of taken whats mine back, but the hospital copy should be sufficient enough for headstart. My son will be going again this year. You can also get a copy on the internet. Go to google then type birth certificates, Another thing, have your bf call them and tell them to send the paperwork that they stole, or he is cutting off all contact with them...btw- why dont they like you?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Call the town hall where the hospital is. They would have a copy of it.

    Answer by EireLass at 9:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Just call the town hall where he was born and they will send you a copy. It is very easy. We had to do it when DH's ex stole ours for ss. She did not want him to go to our school even though he lived with us so she would not give it to us. We just called and got a copy the next week. Don't bother with the MIL just get a copy yourself and cut contact with her until she can act civilized.

    Answer by Carajust at 9:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Forget the town hall, call the town cops, this is way beyond ruthless, for her to hold out on important documents you need for you child. I'm sorry, but me and her would be at it. They say when you date or marry a man, you inherit the monster-in-law too.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • You can the city where each person was born and easily get new copies.
    But I would also call the police and see if this is something you can press charges for. I don't think it's legal to take other people's birth certificates.

    Also explain at your appointment that the birth certificate was lost/stolen and you are getting a new copy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • My bf hasn't had any contact with them in a year because of their bullshit...his mom is psyco to say the least-she's threatened to kill me if i don't "leave" her son alone-she even tried from the time I was pregnant to convince my bf that he wasn't the bf has put her in her place LOTS of times,and just got tired of all the drama and bullshit and thats why we moved a couple hundred miles away.Then they were told to leave us the hell alone or there would be a Restraining Order put on them.We even had to change our phone # because of the harrassing calls all hours of the night! We have threatened to involve the police but they don't care because it's their word against ours.Its just getting old-we cut them out of our lives for a reason! The health the co. where he was born said I could buy one from them but it would take 7-10 days and they cant fax it.My son is my life-and I HATE the bullshit!

    Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Even if she do call the town hall, this could take days, or maybe weeks. Call a detective, explain your problem, the detective may either assist you by going with you to her house to get the documents, or the detective will phone her and inform her to return the documents, it sound harsh, but i bet she will never cross you again.

    Answer by ambr2006 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • they have NO reason not to like me.i was ALWAYS nice to them-I TRIED to make it work and be civil but they're not happy unless they're in control.They were ok with me when my bf and i first moved in together,but once we had our own place then he wasnt able to constantly give them money everytime they asked for it so thats when shit started to hit the fan! His dad is getting disability even though the dr. gave him the ok to work again-and his mom refuses to work-so they think they should be able to mooch off everybody when they want cigarettes and gas to run run run and since my bf and I have been together and even more so once our son was born my bf finally put his foot down and quit handing them money.They can work for their money just like anybody else can-its not our problem that theyre too lazy to get JOBS.

    Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Whoa, this is crazy, she sound like a mother in law from hell. What is wrong with this woman, and what is your BF doing about it? This is his mom, he need to deal with this too.Girfriend that alone will cause me to get rid of the BF quick because me and his mom would be at it all the time. There is no way i would allow a nut like her to take important documents fom me and get away with it, she haven't met the right girfriend yet, you my friend are too nice

    Answer by ambr2006 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.