What do you do when your 16 yr old sis is preggo?

My 16 yr old sister is pregnant and so am I... I got pregnant when I was 17 and had my soon when I was 18 I am 20 now and I don't want her to go on the same path i went through.... She is mad and crying because my parents want to abort it because they can't afford another child while they are helping me with my two year old... I want to know what are some ways for my to encourage her not to want a child so young.

missbre

Asked by missbre at 10:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• having a child young you miss out on alot, i never go to go to parties in high school or college, i never got to go to clubs or bars with friends. you give up alot for a child. i don't regret it but some moms do i think and thats why i think theres some who go psycho and kill their kids aka casey anthony. i guess just try and make her see its not all its cracked up to be and its hard. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• She should call a crisis pregnancy center. They often help quite a bit with the expense and could probably give her a lot of advice on adoption.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• she needs to make that decision on her own. if you try and talk her out of it she'll resent it. Abortion is not something you convince someone to do. Thats like someone telling you to give your baby up since your parents are the sole providers. Thats not fair. How about since your 20 you move out, your a grown woman, and if your parents can help her with you gone you should leave\

she's 16 your 20
    the only reason she cant have her baby and she's being pressured isbecause your still living off of mommy and daddy and cant get your own life

your selfish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I freakin hate when people push others into abortion, do people not realize having an abortion can mess it up for the rest of your life. 1 you may never be ale to have children again and 2 what about the emotional part of it all? That could severly depress her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• sadly I agree with anon :12
    why should you be there at 20 with 2 kids, and if she makes a mistake at 16 she doesnt get help, or gets talked into abortion...its kind of ironic, but in a bad way
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I didn't Mention the fact that I do live on my own and work a minimum wage job and I DO NOT GET PUBLIC ASSISTANCE so its not that i am selfish it's i don't want her togo through what i go through my parents help me out with my child because I can't do everything by myself when you have a sperm donor who isn't worth two fuckin nickles rubbed together
    missbre

Answer by missbre at 10:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• what makes teenagers think that being pregnant is ok? why do parents act as enablers, supporting adult children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• WHAT DO YOU DO???? UHHH YOU SUPPORT HER, HELP HER, STAND BY HER AND LOVE THE BABY!!!!! THATS WHAT YOU DO!!!! IF YOU CAN'T LOOK INTO ADOPTION!!!! THERE ARE MANY COUPLES WHO CAN NOT HAVE A CHILD AND WILL PAY HER COST WHILE PREGNANT.
    Anonymous

• i applaude both 7:13's, I agree whole heartedly
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 10:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Don't you get child support?

Your parents should sit down with your sister, her imprenator and (if he is under 18) his parents. Let your sister and the boy share with their parents how they plan to support their child.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009