What is PTO?

My son was sent home from school with a form in his folder.It asked me if i wanted to be a member of the PTO.What is that and what do they do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• like th ePTA but i guess they changed the name of it. i was swarmed with the PTO when i went to open house for my DD
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I think it stands for Parent Teacher Organization......not sure exactly what they do....maybe a mom that's a member can fill us in...
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Parent Teacher Organization--- consists of parents, teachers and staff to support their school, encourage parent involvement, support teachers, and organize family events and school fundraisers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2009