Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abusive husband PLEASE HELP

My best friend's husband beats her. He has also hurt their 6 month old son. I've finally convinced her to leave him. She needs information on what to do and where to go. We live in oregon. She's afraid to be without him because she cant support her or their son. Please help. What can she do? I already took pictures of her bruses and marks. She has already filed three domestic disputes with the police in the past.


Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)

    Try these links. She should be able to find a counselor though one of these organizations that she can meet with prior to leaving. That person can help her make a plan - when to leave, where to go, etc. It will take some of the fear out of leaving.

    Reminder her when she talks to them that none of this is her fault, she should not be ashamed, and that the counselor has heard stories WAY worse than hers. There are resources for her, but it will not be easy.

    She need to be ready to leave him. You can't make her go. Good luck. You are a good friend.

    Answer by Drewlove at 10:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • witness protection program
    where if someone is in serious danger of another person they will help them move and even give them another name if need be.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • witness protection program

    that is for witnesses to serious crimes and given by the federal govenment and is not for abused wives
    call the cops tell her to go to a friends or womens shelter and to get some state assistance til she can get on her feet

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • there should be a program for battered women in your area that helps women get out gives them a safe place to stay for a while and helps them get on their feet. contact dept of human resources or job and family services and ask them or look in your phone book. there is help for her i promise. also they should help her get a restrainiing order.

    Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • This link has info on options and where to get help in Oregon.

    Copy and paste.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • I know in my hometown we have something called the St. Jude house. It is a house for battered women and their children to come live and is completely secure and safe. I would see if there is something like that in your area.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • The local domestic violence shelter will help guide her so she can be independent.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009