Believe or not?

WASHINGTON – Government health officials are urging people not to panic over estimates of 90,000 people dying from swine flu this fall. "Everything we've seen in the U.S. and everything we've seen around the world suggests we won't see that kind of number if the virus doesn't change," said Dr. Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_he_me/us_med_swine_flu;_ylt=Ass2Pi_PwNs.KcNRTkqFsz1YRJ54;_ylu=X3oDMTJqcWo3bWozBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwODI3L3VzX21lZF9zd2luZV9mbHUEY3BvcwM1BHBvcwM1BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDY2RjbGVlcnlvZmVz

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm trying to not let it worry me. we homeschool and will just make an effort to not have the kids out as much if it looks to be going that way, and follow good hygienic procedure when we do go out.

I'm hoping it goes the way of SARS and bird flu in that it will not turn out to be as bad as it was though to have the potential to be.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would say we should be careful, but panic isn't helpful
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm trying not to be overly worried and go about my business. I will get the N1H1 vaccination for me and my child. My husband is also getting the two part vaccination as well. Not much we can do before it is available. I keep an ear out for when it does become available and have let my son's doctor know that I would like to be called when it has arrived. My work place is vaccinating everyone who would like to for free as well as the usual flu shot we do every year through them. I am very much hoping we do not see a blip on the radar and nothing comes of it. That would be wonderful.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I am heading to Asia next month and have already been warned that many over there are in a state of panic at the Americans coming over and the fear of H1N1... Should add to an already interesting experience.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• If anyone calls it a pandemic again I'm gonna lose it.
    at no point was it ever near the size of an actual pandemic. Look at Spanish Flu. it killed more people than died in WW2! It caused OVER 50 MILLION deaths worldwide. THAT is a pandemic.

The H1N1 virus is ridiculous, more people die from the regular flu every single year than died from it, it's just plain old fear mongering by the media and people blowing shit out of proportion again.

Getting the vaccine is a dumb idea, especially considering that it was JUST developed and they have no idea what the long term effects of it could be, especially when it comes to children. It's a damn cold. The only people that have even died from it were already sick from something else, or were already in a frail state ( babies or old people) So keep your grandma and babies from getting sick ( don't let sick people around them) and stop worrying so damn much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• LOL this cracks me up.. "dont panic, but 90k people are going to die this fall!" when at the same time they fail to say that's WORLD WIDE.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• LOL this cracks me up.. "dont panic, but 90k people are going to die this fall!"

I find that funny too.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009