A LIL GROSS BUT NEED HELP

MY SON HAS A BIG WHITE THING THAT LOOKS LIKE A PIMPLE ON HIS WEWE ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS. PUSS COMES OUT OF IT SOMETIME. ITS WORRING ME I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT.

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be a strep infection or staph, I'd keep an eye out for fever or other bumps on his body. Meanwhile, was with antibacterial soap and peroxide daily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I just had a friend tell me there son had the same thing. It ended up being a type of staph infection. It was very contagious and the baby had to be hospitalized for a day or two. The baby was only a couple days old though. Good Luck. I would get the baby into the doctor as soon as possible.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• may also be a boil/cyst, my daughter gets these on her legs and bottom, when it starts to break and have puss coming out, press on the outside of it gently until its just blood coming out. let him go w/o a diaper when you can that way it gets some air and doesn't get worse. there is a prescription soap you can get if you notice them more often that you use once a week to prevent them, i actually just got this for my daughter the other day b/c she has yet another one (she gets like 3 or 4 each summer for the past 2 summers). doctor said it ends up being a pimple or small cut and just gets infected horribly. and when they do pop my daughter never notices i either find out when i change a diaper/panties and they have blood or b/c she has dried blood all over her legs.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• go to the doctor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I 2nd, go to the doctor.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• call the dr silly, its what they get paid for
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• agreed, go see the dr
    stacy77

Answer by stacy77 at 2:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2009