Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do i do?

I am a single mom 2 a 4 month old and after 4 months his dad wants 2 c him but it just sounds like now that he has a gf he dose but the times he wants 2 c him its at his gf house is it bad that i dont want my son 2 be around his gf?

Answer Question

Asked by Lucas09 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • It sounds like he is trying to look like a good guy to his new girlfriend. My son is now 3 years old and his biological father has never seen him. He only wanted to come around when it was conveniant for him. In the long run it will only confuse your son if his dad is in and out of his life. And no I would definately not want my son to be around the other woman. He can visit with his son when she is not around if at all. You need to make a decision based on what is best for yourself and your son. Good luck. Stay strong and true to your beliefs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Sorry but he has the right to see him. Where he takes them is up to him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • He's treating your son like a puppy used to pick up girls at the park.

    Get him to sign away any parental rights. He's no parent.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

  • Not your business or issue unless the gf is a felon, abusive or an addict and you can prove it. Most states allow for parents to take their kids to the homes of others as long as the other person is reasonable for the child to be around.

    Anons, if he is on the birth cert, he cannot be removed unless the OP has a step parent ready to adopt him. The state will not bastardize a child.

    All of this is moot, however, if there is no CO. Without a CO, he can't see the kid unless you let him.

    OP it is not great. You have to deal with the fact that your ex is your ex, and there will be other women in his life. If you get hung up on this, you will find the next 18+ yrs long and aggravating.

    Answer by LiliM at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.