Anyone homeschool? I have a special needs 5 year old & thinking about this...

I've read some pros & cons to homeschooling...any advice?...any experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you join the Happy Homeschooler's group there are plenty of people there to help you.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/699

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Homeschooling is awesome. My kids were in school until 7th grade and learned so much more at home. There is alot of support online. Also, I think everyone has special needs.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 11:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Neither of my kids went to school before college, and I've known hundreds of homeschooled kids. They range from asocial weirdos to totally ordinary and through absolutely brilliant -- strangely, just like schooled kids do.

There are a lot of benefits to you and your children, should you go this route. It's not the easiest way to parent a child, but it is the most free. You have the opportunity to respond to your child's needs, moment to moment, without wondering if it's taking something away from 31 other kids, interfering with the order of the curriculum or messes with the school's schedule.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I agree w/ everyone else. :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009