Those of you who know how to type properly????

Do you find that when you have something in one hand and have to hunt and peck that you have trouble remembering where some of the keys are? I know them just fine when I am typing but ask me to point out a specific key and I really have to think about it, like it is habit as to where to move my fingers, but actually knowing the specific key is something different.

Petie

Asked by Petie at 11:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• YEAH!! I am like this too, thought it was just me! It's like your thoughts go straight to your fingers and they just know how to make those thoughts appear on the screen! lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i know that one...i can typt what ever but say to me f5 im loss takes a min to fimd it.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• i'm the same way. it drives me nuts b/c my mom can't type and is always like wheres this key, i have to kick her off the chair and type it myself b/c it takes me forever to hunk and peck
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• *hunt*
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I'm fine so long as I'm using my right hand to type because I can actually type almost as fast with just my right hand as I can with both hands. I broke my finger in HS while taking computer science, management, and accounting classes so I spent a fair chunk of time typing with one hand. If I'm using a desktop type keyboard I can actually type faster with one hand than I can with two because I've had a laptop for many years now and it's harder for me to use a desktop keyboard now because I'm used to the flat keyboard. My one handed typing still works just fine on the desktop keyboard however.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I type faaster with my left (I'm a leftie) I always have a hard time finding the * and the ~ and the + keys.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• LOL, yes that has happened.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm actually pretty good at hunting and pecking with one hand. I make mistakes like everyone, but I have a quick delete finger ;D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes, and I also have trouble typing random words. It's like if it's not in a sentance form I can't type it...I suppose it's cause I've been typing for about 30 years now.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I do that, too, lol. The other day I was trying to type something quick but I had just picked up my soda. It was like 2 words and after 2 letters I gave up and put the soda down so I could type properly. I even chuckled to myself that it was silly I couldn't type with 1 hand. I taught myself to type in college. I don't hold my hands completely right but it works for me and I type pretty fast except for the number/symbol keys at the top. I have to hit every one of them to find the right one, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009