8 years old- TEETHING??!

My saon is 8 years old and still tething. Is this normal? How can I get him to stop?> It is very difficult to deal with and it is making my breasts sore.

LilLisaLevi

Asked by LilLisaLevi at 11:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Troll
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• making your breast sore..... your 8 year old?????????????????? are you breastfeeding an 8 year old .. wth
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• dont feed the troll. obviously some kid is bored on a wednesday night. turn on mtv or something, OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• 8yos teeth, because they have teeth coming in. So do 8 month olds. You can get them to stop by, I dunno, having their teeth removed?

I wonder if you mean your 8mo is biting (because he's teething)... and what to do about it. The most effective thing I've ever heard of is bringing the baby very close, so that your breast obstructs their breathing (covers their nose) because the natural response to not being able to breath through your nose is to open your mouth. If this is done every time, they learn quickly that biting doesn't work and stop.

Throughout the world, 8yos breastfeeding is not considered abnormal or weird. Nothing like showing off your cultural ignorance, eh?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• linda are you for real.. can you not tell this is a TROLL..... and to BF an 8 year old boy lol come on wake up here and smell the troll!
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• Go back to guarding your bridge, TROLL.
    Big_Bertha_B

Answer by Big_Bertha_B at 11:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• All 8 year olds teethe. I think it's time you switched him to solid foods though. He's probably biting you because he loathes having to take breastmilk to school in a bottle for lunch.

*Stupid questions deserve stupid answers*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Oragel or Anbusol that should help both you out ( the boys gums and the trolls nipples)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2009