when your baby dropped, or when you went into labor, did you feel sick?

I was asleep and felt fine, and all of a sudden i woke up with these period like cramps...and pressure down there, and SICK as a dog! Throwing up and all...feel like I need to go #2, but I really don't...idk if this means baby is dropping, or maybe labor? Ive been saying all day that i felt "weird" but nothing this unusual...im 35 weeks and this nausea woke me up out of my sleep! I have had BH like crazy this entire pregnancy, so nothing new there! Any input?

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 11:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal. It is normal to have nausea at any stage or pregnancy or labor. :)
    sweetmoonem

Answer by sweetmoonem at 11:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would suggest calling your doctor. My labor started with a tummy ache at 9AM, nausea, and diarrhea followed. My doc said either you are in labor or you have the flu. In either case I needed to go to the hospital to have IV fluids. Because of the late stage of pregnancy (I was 38 weeks) the throwing up could cause dehydration which can cause low amniotic fluid. I was sick about 12 hours. 4 hours AFTER they sent me home from the hospital my water broke and 12 hours later I was holding my DD. Because you are only 35 weeks I would call right away. Better to be careful than regretful.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 11:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2009