Mom with older Daughter Medical Question

My dd is 8 years old and has a lump under her nipple it is pretty big it is only on one side.
She says it hurts and itches is this normal or should I be concerned?

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 11:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2009 in Health

• i would be concerned b/c it hurts her, if it was both sides i'd say its her chest developing but just the one side, i'd take her in to be checked out just to be safe.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• It could possibly be a bug bite and she's allergic to the venom?
    I'm allergic to mosquito bites - and my bite marks get very big, inflamed and they hurt/itch like all hell.
    I agree with vabchmommy, however, I would definitely just follow up with a doctor - just to see what it might be. The cause, etc.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You should definitely take her to the doctor to get it checked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• I would get it checked out. It might be nothing, but you can never be too careful about things like that, especially with your baby girl. Good Luck!

busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2009

• You know it could still be her breast beginning to develop. My dd did that, one started before the other. But really if you are concerned at all just take her to her dr, couldn't hurt anything.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009