is drunk sex rape?

Tucker wrote a tacky book, yes he did.

But to equate drunken sex to rape? Don't you think that's stretching it?

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local/article/groups_protest_controversial_movie_showing_at_n.c._state/48195/

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If a woman gets really really drunk and lets her equally really really drunk friend drive her home, is she only a victim when they hit a tree?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• To me, it's not rape. You shouldn't get that drunk if you don't want bad shit happening to you. Or get drunk at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I dont know much about the film or book but from the article i have to agree that getting drunk and having sex is not rape, having nonconsensual sex is rape if a drunk girl says no it still means no.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• sometimes, yes it is.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• drunk ≠ consent
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Having been there, I do not think its rape. True I was so drunk I still to this day do not remember what the hell happened (which I am NOT proud of, quite ashamed actually) but by the accounts of those who were they it had been consenual and brought on by me. However I can see where someone could call it rape, and I believe in certain circumstances it would be (ie the drunk girl says no but the guy takes advantage of her weaken state to have nonconsensual sex)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• There is no yes or no answer to this. Sometimes it would be rape, other times not. How drunk are we talking? I've been really drunk on occasion, to the point of blacking out. In that case, it could be considered rape because I was not able to properly consent. But I also know that on occasion I've been really drunk and been the aggressor for sex, so even though I was so drunk I legally was unable to consent, is it really rape if I'm the one who initiated and it was consensual? There are a lot of shades of gray here.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If a man personally gets a girl drunk on purpose so she will sleep with him, her being unaware of his intentions.   When he knows full well that she would never sober.  Is that not rape?

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I worked at a sexual assault center for quite a while. And part of my job was to go to the Emergency Department when a sexual assault survivor came in an reported a rape to provide counseling. Yes I think that if a woman is drunk she is not able to consent to have rape. Especially is she is so drunk she is falling over, passed out, or something like perscription medication (or other drugs) were put in her drink. Happens pretty darn often. Often what happens is that situation is that the man is not drunk to where he does not not know what he is doing (had a few though) and gets her drunk. It is also usually planned. As in he knew he was going to have sex that night even before they met up. Not all drunk sex is rape but you do have to be careful and know that there are times when someone is too drunk to consent.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No, I dont consider it rape unless it was FORCED, but I do consider it taking advantage of someone when the sole reason is to get them drunk to have sex with them.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009