did not want kids...

i never wanted kids frankly i can't stand others kids they annoy the heck out of me but i LOVE LOVE my DD, but still don't get how moms give up all their life and goals and dreams they had before kids just for the kids. yes take care of your family but if you have goals and aspirations are you to give them up just cause you have kids? what happened to bettering yourself for yourself or having time for just you and not always glued to your child 24 /7 i dont get how you can give up everything ..i still have a life with her and WITHOUT her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• It takes all kinds to make the world go around. You don't need to UNDERSTAND everything; all you need to understand is that people do what THEY need to do for themselves and their families.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• that it does.. but it seems on here i find mostly moms that gave up their dreams and goals cause they had kids, like they decided that their dreams and needs where no longer important..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• agreed gdiamante!

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I felt like my hopes and dreams crumbled when i found out i was pregnant, I wanted to be a registered nurse, after my son was born i just don't see myself being able to leave him nor do i have anyone to watch him at this point, i am putting asside my dreams to take care of him and once he gets to school age then mommy can go back to school.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sometimes when we have kids our priorities change. But alot of times you'll hear us moms who did give it all up complaining of never having "me" time. It really does take all kinds, and I'm sure there are lots of moms on here who feel like you do.....maybe start a group.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My family is all I ever wanted so I didn't give up any kind of dream or hope, I got all that I ever wanted
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• op- i guess ive had been dreams and goals was never a suzy home maker type
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My dreams changed before I even got married. I wanted to be a foreign correspondent...then found something else that I really loved.

Dreams change.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I feel the same way - I want to show my DD's that a woman doesn't just HAVE to be a SAHM. I am one bc I WANT to be. They aren't going to depend on me forever. One day they will be grown up and not need me at all. I want to still have my own life. I want to do something for ME and also show them that they can have the world if they want it. I'm going to go to college for my dream. I was going to go part-time so my DH could watch my kids while I was at school but then I decided that if we could afford to use the childcare at the college then I would go full-time and let her stay there. I could handle that because she'd be close. And those childcare workers are monitored because they are trying to get their degrees in child-related stuff. I want them to fulfill their dreams and be more than they ever thought they could be. I'm a SAHM because I want to be though. They need their mom home while their little. They need their momma.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am living my dream. I am a SAHM of 5 beautiful healthy kids. I have an awesome husband and a loving family. Wouldn't have it any other way. To some people that is enough. I do have hobbies, and ME time, but I do not crave a career or anything. I am still paying on a student loan for my college diploma, by the way, but it is ok. Raising my kids the best way I can is what is important to me. And the best way I know how is at home with them. It is different for everyone.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009