How long have you been a stay at home mom for and also if you work outside your home how long was your maternity leave? And how old are you? Just w

just wondering if more of us cafemomers are stay at home moms full time or work out of home moms full time, and how long we've been doing any of that?

I'm a stay at home mom for over twenty years and I still have kids at home. One is almost out and another in couple of years and a third not for a while yet. I'm midfifties and I've been a stay at home mother since I was 28 years old when my first was biorn. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• worked f/t since baby was 7 weeks old love her but could not stand being home 24/7
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Went back to work at ten weeks postpartum. My son just turned ten years old.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had 1 month maternity leave. I am a US Marine. But... I am now Reserve and get to stay home 28 days out of the month and work 2-3 days. My son just turned 1 year and it is awsome. But, December I go back to active duty. It has been AWESOME!!!! :) oh and I'm 21.

I am the youngest of 8 and my mom was a stay-at-home mom until I went to school and she started waitressing lunch shifts. Then when I got to middle school she got a full-time job. Also, alot more kids left the house. I think she was down to 4 kids when she went full time. LOL That was from ages 26-55 I think.....
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 12:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I was a SAHM for 4 years after working a short while after my my youngest was born when my DH was layed off. I've been back in the work force for 3 1/2 years. I work semi-part time which means I work between 20 - 40 hours weekly (it varys). I was 21 and 22 when my girls were born and I'm 30 now.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have been a SAHM for one year and 3 months
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• SAHM for 21 years, my kids are 20 and 17. 20yo is on her own (although she's here playing on the other computer right now) and the 17yo goes to college this fall. I worked a temporary job when pregnant with the 20yo, so it ended as I was due to go on mat leave, so I never had any.

When they're both moved out, I'm going to ramp up my business --which I started in 2002, on a very part-time from home basis.

I'm 43.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm not a sahm, but I do work in a school so I have all the same days off as my kids. I'm Canadian so I had a year of mat leave with my babies (yay!). I'm almost 35 (in Sept) and my kids are 11, almost 7, and 3. I really feel like I have the best of both worlds. I work when the kids are in school, my youngest goes to my mil's, and I'm home when the kids are home. We've been home since the end of June and go back to school on Sept 9.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm 25 years old. I've been a SAHM for 2 years now. I worked part-time at an elementary school before that. I have a 2 year old son and 6 month old daughter. I hope I can continue to stay home, but times are tough right now. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm 29, and a ft mommy. I've been on maternity leave now since late June and I'm due to go back to work after Sept 8 my job isn't expecting me back until September 18th. I tried to be a SAHM but it didn't work for me. I've got 3 boys and I don't pay for childcare I have a live in nanny, actually I pay for my mil and she watches the boys at nights. I work at nights while they are asleep and get a few hr sleep to be with them when they wake up. I've been at my job now on and off over 6 yrs. I work while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Im 22yrs old. I have been a shm for almost 2 yrs now. I work from home and love every minute of it.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 1:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009