vitamins

do i have to continue taking prenatal vitimins now that now that im no longer pregnant? i am exclusivly breastfeeding my son and am just curious because the bottle says that the vitamins are for pregnant and lactating women. do they really do my baby any good?

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 1:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I stopped taking my prenatals while I was breastfeeding and I would wake up in the middle of the night thinking I was going to die of hunger! Now, my daughter is 17 months and I just take regular vitamins since she only nurses about 5-6 times in a 24hr period. As long as I take vitamins and eat healthy I feel fine. I would keep taking them as long as you are exclusivly breastfeeding and then switch to a regular vitamin once you start solids if you dont like prenatals.
    MaKettle87

Answer by MaKettle87 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yeah they also help u keep ur health good since u r breastfeeding all ur vitamins go to ur baby ...wel l the prenatal vit. keep u healthy as well
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes, keep taking them while you're nursing.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i stopped taking mine... after i had my daughter never really took them while i was pregnant =0 they stopped me up lol but i BF too still am... well trying she doesnt like to do it everyday lol
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i didnt take them the whole time i was pregnant but i ate well and in variety so i didnt need to. i didnt take them while breastfeeding either...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes if you are nursing.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 7:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009