what do i put on a sunburn?

my son stayed at one of my friends house playing in their pool and now he has a bad sunburn and i need to know what to do for him they did put sunscreen on him but apparently it wasnt water proof

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• Old fashioned way is buttermilk or yogurt.
    But, your best bet is to run to the nearest pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist. I know there is a spray that relieves the pain immediately. And, if the burn is REALLY bad, I'd take him to his Doc.

• vinegar and some stuff they sell at walmart that is called ICE made by ocean pacific. It is an aloe gel but it is the best one on the market. The vinegar will smell bad but it takes the sting right out of the burn. I should know b/c I have pale skin, red hair, and live in FL. I have had sun poisoning twice. A lot of people will tell you to use the actual aloe plant which I suppose works for some but it irritated me more than helped me.

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• aloe vera

Answer by Eliza34 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• aloe vera. leave it in the fridge first so its nice and cool and soothing when you put it on him. and next time send him with his own sunscreen! ive learned that lesson the hard way too with my 9-year-old son.

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 2:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Aloe vera, most definitely

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Aloe vera gel!!

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• aloe vera cools the burned skin. feel better

Answer by yumymommy at 4:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008