Karma?

Who here believes in karma? Do you feel like you pay for bad choices in your life? How about "what goes around comes around"?

islandmom85

Asked by islandmom85 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Karma is in many religions. maybe reworded but there...
    In Christianity God talks about how revenge is his. He is also there to bless us. Getting good for good, and bad for bad.
    The have it in Buddism as well, and Hindu, and many others.
    I personally believe this concept to be alive and well. Everytime it comes around, good or bad, I usually say Karma outloud. My hubby thinks its funny. But it happens everyday!!!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 1:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Karma is not a Christian belief. Not in any way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• "Karma" is not Christian.
    But, eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth.
    Revenge is the Lord's. meaning, whoever has done wrong will get what they deserve.
    Do unto others as you wish done to you! So completely along the same lines as those of 'Karma.' what goes around comes around!
    It is just the concept of if you do good, you will get good. if you do bad you will recieve bad.
    Its not saying that if you are nice you will never have hardship. but dont burn your bridges!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 2:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Definitely believe in karma.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes i believe in it and i have seen it work.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I wish, I see good people suffer all the time and wicked people coast through life.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I believe in it. I don't call it Karma, per se, because I am a Christian, but reap what you sow is the same concept and the golden rule is along the same lines. I believe that these concepts are definitely at work in the world. The consequences of the way you treat others, how honest you are, etc will come back to you at some point. It may not be immediate, good or bad, but it will come back.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I do. However, I don't think it's as black and white as it seems. There is a lot more than our actions that go in to it. I think it works more like the Law Of Attraction. Every thing we do creates energy. And ALL of that energy returns to us. Our thoughts, emotions and deeds all add up and it's not any one of these things that creates our Karmac return, but all of them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think this is why killers that enjoy what they do, never seem to end up miserable or how your average middle class family can't ever seem to get out of the dog house. Our emotions have a huge impact on Karma. So, even though the killers deeds are evil, his emotions and thoughts are not, and it kinda sends a mixed signal to the universe and it takes a while for the negative to catch up with him. While a family strugling to get by may DO all the right things, but their emotions and thoughts are all negative. And everything comes back. So when your actions are nothing special and your emotions and thoughts are all negative... The universe will return that same mix to you... Nothing special and negative... Now, you're in trouble.

So, yes, I believe in Karma. And yes, it shows it's head in almost every religion in one way or another. But as I said, it's not as B & W as it seems!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I don't. I've seen too many bad people go unpunished their whole lives and good, decent people have nothing but tragedy in their lives.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009