Why do kids think they'll get away with stuff there's no way they can get

away with.

SS must have thought he had a moment of genius this morning...as I walked by I noticed that his top cover on his bed was pulled over the made bed (usually he needs my help) and I thought," Thank God, he's learning."

Well, that was until I had to go in to grab a blanket to wash from his laundry basket. And I noticed his bed looked like there was someone in it because the bed was Majorly lumpy. He had pulled the top blanket over the bottom two so he wouldn't have to make the bed properly. He totally knows he couldn't get away with this and yet he did it anyway. I just pulled all the covers off and told him he had to redo it. He's ALWAYS doing things that, not only does he know he shouldn't do, but most likely he'll get caught having done - and he ALWAYS gets caught, but why do kids do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Honestly, I think it's because they're lazy and want us parents to give up on begging them to get the job done and hoping we as parents will take over and do it for them. They never give up on trying to get us to do things for them, do they? Eventually, they'll learn that they can't get away with doing a "half crack" job, and one of these days you'll be able to say, "Thank God, HE'S LEARNED!"
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• because it is a kids job to 'see' what they can get away with and if you "really are on top of it all"

I taught my kids the easy way to make the bed.....do it while you are in it. take the sheet pull it up to your chin make it as smooth as possible. then the blankets then the bed spread/comforter. ....... then slide out of bed real easy , quickly smooth out any bumps and tada bed all made.......

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009