when do kids go into preschool at what age

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at age 3
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• most preschools in my area will start accepting kids at age 2, but it all depends on the preschool
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I have never seen a preschool accept kids at age 2. I have only seen it for age 3 and 4
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It depends on you and your family. My oldest started at 3, my middle two started at 2, and I plan on my baby going at 2. They all started out going only 2 mornings/week and then moved up a day each year (3 mornings at 3, 4 mornings at 4)

Answer by missanc at 8:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Some here accept kids at 2- the only ones around here that do are daycare preschools where there are many options for hours (they can go all day 5 days/week; just a few hours every day; few hours a few days/week, etc.). The other preschools here that have morning hours only and operate 2-3 days a week start accepting when kids are 3 AND potty-trained. That's just our area- not sure how it is other places.

But here you don't have to send them at 2 or 3- that's just the earliest age that they can be enrolled. Mine all went at age 4 (well, my youngest hasn't yet, but is 4 and starting in 3 weeks).
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 10:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Also wanted to add that all of our preschools start enrolling in late February or early March. I know you didn't specifically ask that, but when my oldest got to be preschool age my nephew's wife clued me in to this and I am so glad or I might have missed the Open Houses and enrollment! I had no idea they started enrolling that early when my oldest was young!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 10:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009