What are those pillow things called? The ones you put under the breast to lift it for easier breast feeding?

My friend saw one in a magizine but forgot what it was called. She wants to order one online. thanks

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 2:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Magazine*

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• a Boppy pillow sort of U shaped but a little wider? the one that is also for when baby is starting to sit up but needs a little extra support.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i cant attach a pic but here is the link, you can buy them cheaper at Target and Walmart http://www.boppy.com/build-a-boppy/?pillowType=complete, we still have my daughters and she is 5 i love it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:50 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It's one of the BEST investments you can make. Even if you aren't going to nurse! The generic one that walmart carries is just as good too.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i bought a boppy at a consignment shop for about $10, including the case. but i never used it for nursing. it just didn't fit quite right. i liked to use just regular bed pillows.

but my son did like to lay on it once he's older but you're not supposed to let them sleep on it because they can suffocate. but he liked tummy time on his boppy when he was a few months old. and then it's good to put behind them when they are first learning to sit up because that way they won't wack their heads on the hard floor but instead fall onto the boppy. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Boppy pillow...it is very useful. I am using it right now to help me sleep while pregnant, then to breastfeed with, and then to help the baby sit up. And there are washable covers you can buy for it.
    Gaskinwife

Answer by Gaskinwife at 1:19 PM on Aug. 27, 2009