Would you ever be a surrogate?

Why or why not? Upsides and downsides? I am looking I to being one and want to know what other peoples thoughts are on it

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Being that I already have children no. For a couple reasons.
    I get REALLY sick during pregnancy and I wouldn't be able to care for MY kids. And right along with the pp I don't think I could give up the child so easily even if it wasn't biologically mine.

Now egg donations... I could do no problem. I don't want anymore kids so I'm obviously not going to need them.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I could never separate myself from the child. I would be way too attached.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Also, I think it would confuse my child(ren).
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• yes. i have looked into this. and am in the process of completing the application. i would not do traditional surrogacy (using your own egg). i already told them that i would only do gestational surrogacy (they use another womans egg. egg is fertilized then placed in you). its not my child. i'm just an incubator.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I wanted to do it, I think there is no better thing in the world to do for someone! But DH doesnt want me to ever carry any children that arent ours, so I am also going to go ahead with egg donation...when we are done having children lol. At least that way the mommy to be gets to feel the baby kick and wiggle for herself.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would, if I could but I can't. However the pros would be that you would help out a family that can't have more kids, cancer, a whole host of reasons why they can't have kids of their own. I wouldn't use my own eggs though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• no, maybe if it was for my sister if that was ever needed but no one else, i wouldnt even need to contemplate it, just no.

because my friend was one for her brother and she said she still isnt over the hurt, even though it wasnt her egg or her child she still has that connection with the baby. Shes really sad about it but her only upside to doing it is she gave her brother and sister in law the best gift ever but she will never do it again because of the pain.

so if she felt like that for her own brothers baby i wudnt consider doing it for anyone else but my sister
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I know exactly how you mean i feel the same way and now my daughter is 3 years old im still a stay at home mom when your husband does get home give him about 1 hr or so to get some thing to eat take a shower and then take your time off from the baby rotate get those couple hours for yourself go out get an ice cream go drink a starbucks at least that half hour or on the weekends if he doesnt work you have the baby fridaynight shift he worked you take the saturday night off sunday morning in bed he makes breakfast that night goes back to your shift ive been doing it for the past 6 months now it has helpped me a lot im less stressful and frustrated try it or maybe a part time job when he gets home you go to work and swich that way so you won't have to pay child care....
    Jeannie818

Answer by Jeannie818 at 5:07 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No way, my eggs my baby. And even if donor eggs I couldnt give a baby away I have felt inside me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I would for the right person, my SIL for example, got into an accident and can no longer have children and she and my brother have anyways wanted another child. So for her, I would do it in a heart beat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009