Where Does Jeolously come From?

So im not really a jeolous wife..! at all i could care less if my dh watches porn or whatever.. im not really that jeolous when he goes out with his friends
HOwever.. for some reason im so jeolous of my sil... she is having a nice wedding. she is sooo pretty... my un relenting jeolously of her is MAKing me disgusted with myself,, ! I DONT want to teach my children envy! so im praying bc i feel guilty ... but where do These Nasty Embrassing Feelings come from... the devil.. human nature..
why am i jeolous over certain things and not others...my best friend in whole wide world is a lawyer.. i never went to college Yet im NOT in the least bit jeolous of her..
i dunno?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Usually you are jealous of someone who has something you want. Yes, I think a lot of times it's just human nature. You're jealous of your SIL and not your friend because she has something(s) you want. If you're a Christian, and it sounds like you are, continue to pray for contentment. If you don't make any comments on it, then your children won't see your jealousy.

Answer by missanc at 8:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Jealousy is due to insecurity and low self esteem. You are probably just as pretty as she is but you don't see yourself as that pretty. Believe in yourself. Have confidence in the fact that you rock just as you are. What would you tell your own children if they came to you saying they thought someone else was prettier than them or have more financial opportunities than you. My kids used to wish we had a bigger house or nicer car or money to go where all the other kids went. I was a single mom and did the best I could. When they would gripe about what others had I would tell them that they also had big debt! As for sil's big wedding...wow what a waste of money. I've had 3 weddings; one big, one at the courthouse and one in the basement of the church in blue jeans. I don't even remember the big one (lots of stress) but the other two were fun and I remember those great days. Love yourself. Love your life. Never envy others.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009