do u think child beauty pagents are Wrong'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. If the kids were allowed to look like kids and dress like kids and act like kids, then I would think they are ok. But since they are making these girls look like adults it creeps me out. I feel sometimes its the mothers not the kids who want to do this. The girls look like fake barbie dolls and I dont like it. What is that saying to the girls? your not pretty as you are so we have to give you a fake tan, fake teeth, fake hair. Instead we should be telling them they are beautiful as they are.
    Some one needs to start an all natural beauty pageant
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i think the fake teeth, hair, tan the make up eveything is too much. if it was natural like children should be it would be alright. then in that case i would only do it if my daughter wanted to and enjoyed it if she got too involved in it and started acting differently id tell her there is going to be a break from it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• YES!!!!!! I think a kid is a kid, and a beauty pagent isn't being a kid. Your making your baby grow up, to, to fast. The make-up,the hair, the disappointment if she doesn't win.... I would just think to my self Why would i put my daughter through that? I think its wrong, i wouldn't do it, me knowing my daughter is beautyful is more than inof for me......
    Jeannie818

Answer by Jeannie818 at 4:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Yes! and in fact theyre creepy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree about the creepiness. And I don't know that a competition on looks is all that great for a little one. I don't know if they lose self-esteem, if they feel inferior. The shows I've watched, the little girls who didn't win seem OK about it, but who knows.

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i think the concept is great. but the extremes these mothers go to is terrible.... our friend has a daughter that is in them. hers are nothing like you see on tv.. you see a few of hte oh-so fake kids with spray tans and crap but mostly its just normal kids...

it is supposed to be a confidance booster, and a social event for the kids. and be fun! its the parents that make it into a fiasco! all for a nee freekin CAR
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

___
    Exactly.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• How can it be a confidence builder if the end result is suppose to be a "look at me I'm better then the rest of you"? How many women and men for that matter grew up with really low self esteem because they didn't have perfect teeth, the 'good' hair or the right clothes?

No, beauty pagents in general are stupid and should be banned. I have some very strong opinions that I will refrain from sharing because it would probably get me kicked off the site completely.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Kids already have nature beauty..why add too it and make them look all fake.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 27, 2009