What's the most offensive thing something has said to you and/or your kids?

C'mon, we've all been there...the dirty looks, the loud whispers...could be a family member or a stranger in public, what's the most offensive or irritating thing someone has said to you and/or your kids (regarding parenting)?

Mousuke

Asked by Mousuke at 4:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• well my babu isnt here yet but my f##ing low life sperm donor for a dad found out I was pregnant, i did not tell him because i didnt want him involved anyway, we never talk.

But he was like "you shouldnt be having a baby" "you cant take care of a baby" "you should give the baby up for adoption" "Ill take the baby"
    which all of the above didnt really stick because he didnt ever help with me and my sister and he's a jerk off so his opinion is just funny to me, but the worse he could have said, and he did...

"you should name the baby after me" hahaha I laughed in his face...he said this after it set in that there is nothing he can do and that i really dont care about him or his opinions...
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 4:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my daughter was 4 months and we were at a friends spending the night there visiting. another friend was there visiting and it was about 11 o clock and the girl rudely said that i need to get her on a schedule and put her to bed blah blah blah... she was 4 months she idnt have a schedule and she was teething she just wanted mommy. it was so rude!! i told her to shut her mouth no child is on a schedule at that age yet alone when they are teething and she says "ashleys baby does!" no ashleys baby is older.. anyway it pissed me off im not friends with ehr anymore.. plus SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE A CHILD OF HER OWN YET.. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT.. DONT HAVE A KID AND TRY TO GIVE PARENTING ADVICE.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• "are you sure you are the father?"
    that was to my babys daddy after he told all his friends, coworkers, and my friends I was a slut. Funny how I was being faithful and he was just covering up his own imperfections.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:33 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my husband never wears his wedding ring due to his job, chances are if he wore it to work his ring could get caught and rip his finger off.We were walking through the mall and my husband took our son to ride the carousel so I stayed with our daughter, well this old woman came up to me and started lecturing about what a failure I was and a bad example for the world having children out of wedlock.OOOOOOOOOOOH THIS PISSED ME OFF I held up my left hand simply displaying my marrital rings while I smiled and flipped her off I then ripped her a new one, I told her she needed to look in the mirron and see who the real failure for being suchan assuming judgemntal b....h and who the hell cares if I am married or not, a lot of moms have children out of wedlock and do great raising their kids on their own or with their partners, I then proceeded to tell her that this was NOT 1920 and the old bag that she needed to get with the program.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The most offensive thing ever said was when some group of women looked at me, looked at my child, and said they could never adopt because they could not steal someone else's child. He was not stolen. Good grief...
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• i just hate it when someone tells me how i OUGHT to be doing something. someone else mentioned this already but, especially when said person has no children. i have people all the time tell me that my daughter is cold, she needs this, she needs that. how about shut the hell up? they let me take her home from the damn hospital, didn't they? i've still got her, right?
    i must be doing alright then!
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 7:10 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• this isn't really pertaining to "parenting"....but it REALLY pissed me off...

one of Hubby's ex-friends who never really has liked me told my DF that our son probably wasn't even his...(in the midst of their falling out)...which is just funny to me...because we'd been together since HS...going on 4yrs when he said this, and I have NEVER been unfaithful.
    oh and another he had said, (which was the reason for their falling out) he told one of DF's and his mutual friends that my DF & I were getting married "just because of our son". HA! yea....that's the reason...I haven't been with him for almost 5yrs to marry him for our baby..
    GOOD GRIEF!

He's just jealous because the girl he had been with previously had dragged him along her entire pregnancy and for the first few months of her son's life with him thinking it was his child....only to later find out she had cheated on him and gotten pregnant and the baby wasn't even his
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• IWhen my son was about two we were at the drug store and he made a mad dash for the door when I was at the register, I ran and got him before he got out and I told him that he can't go out in the street alone because cars wouldn't see him and he would get hit. I had another mom follow me out to my car and tell me what a horrible mom I was and how she felt sorry for my son to have a mother like me, yet while she is reading me the riot act her kids were in the car alone.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• our son has Autism. and when he is stressed out or over stimulated he will have a melt down and there is nothing you can do but let it run it's course. We get the 'look' a lot . I did have one woman at my sons baseball game (we talked to the coach and he knew about our sons autism and agreed that my DH could/should be out in the field with him, to help him when needed) make a comment about him I confronted her and she shut right up. I didn't even get a chance to lecture her on Autism........And our son wasn't even being "bad" at the time. The typical kids on the field we behaving at the same level as him or worse....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My brother telling me that "all kids need is a beating when they are bad, spank them until YOU feel better." Really? Until YOU feel better? Now, mind you, I am not opposed to a swat on the bottom when there is a safety issue at hand and they are clearly defying what you are saying. But, NEVER out of anger or when your emotions aren't under control. I also don't think that every small infraction warrants a spanking. A time out or removing the toy involved in the crime (lol) works just as effectively on my boy and he is VERY well behaved, most of the time. I worry my brothers' girls will defy his authoritarian/brutish mentality with possibly devastating consequences when they are older.
    Sorry, don't mean to raise the ole spanking debate, but this one offends me greatly.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009