Where do u have a babys first birthday!!!!!???

My sons first birthday is next month in the 28th so that leaves me with a little more then a month to plan it I dont even know where to start. Where to throw it. What to do. you know the main things the ones that matter. Anything???

jrsmomma928

Asked by jrsmomma928 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had a BBQ at our house and it was great it was a Ladybug party and she and everyone had a great time.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We always have them at home. First birthdays to me are all about the family celebrating, not just for the baby. Make a cake, set out some munchies and invite friends and family. The following birthdays get toned down a bit, but EVERYONE comes to the first.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 6:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Our DD's was at a local park. Our DS's which is the 24thof next month, we're celebrating on the 26th, will be at our local community center. We were planning on doing it at our home but we live in a gated community and didn't want to have to get all the guests passes to get back here. I go big with 1st birthdays. I picked my sons theme from 1stwishes.com and am in love with it. Our DD had Winnie the Pooh, he is having a monkey theme. We provide lunch but most people just do snacks. We're having it over lunchtime since our son will be awake then so it's nice to give lunch so no one is starving with just snacks. I make cupcakes for all the guests and for the first birthday baby gets a cake of their own to smash into!!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My son's party is actually today and we're just having it here at the house. We're only having family over. We're doing it this afternoon as my son takes 2 2-hour naps during the morning and early afternon. We have an Elmo theme. We're ordering pizza for dinner and just having a laid back party. We didn't want to overwelm him too much so next year we're planning on doing something a little bit bigger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We had my sons first birthday at our house and it was just a small get together w/family and a couple of close friends. Didn't start having them at other places until his 3rd birthday.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think the first one should always be at home and it should only be close friends and family so it's not too much stimulation for your little one.

My DD flaked out and needed a nap during her 1st birthday party. Since we were home, I put her to bed and my friends and family just continued to visit.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my sons bday is sept 21st and we just booked a party at the gymboree plan and music. I dont know how it will go since this is the first time either of us have gone but its an idea if there is anythign like that around you.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2009