How can i help chevelle my one year old get into a healthy sleeping habit?

she fights her sleep n will not take naps at all!

trisha_25

Asked by trisha_25 at 5:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• first off i loveeee her name! love it love it..lol but to answer your question get a solid bedtime routine down..bath,story, cuddle and then sleep. do you guys co-sleep? if not then make her room inviting for her to go to sleep in. comfy blankets,stuffed toy..etc. reading a story is really helpful because she'll sit there and listen and in turn get sleepy. also about an hour before bedtime dim the lights a little so her internal clock wil get that its bedtime. same with nap time dim the lights or pull the shades so she'll have darkness instead of light whic signifies "up up up".:) and maybe give her some milk before bed/nap time so her belly will be full. good luck!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 7:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I had this problem, What worked for me is NO naps after 3pm we would play from about 6 to 7 then eat, take a bath and then about 8 I would lay my son down for bed and read him a book. At first they fight the sleep, but if you are persistent it will work. My son is extreamly strong willed so it took him about a week. Feed her something heavy before bed like mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, rice, This helps. Good luck
    munchkinman

Answer by munchkinman at 9:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You have to have a good routine and stick with it everyday. My daughter usually has one nap a day around noon. If she has more then one then it becomes difficult. We usually have dinnertime then bathtime. She loves bathtime even if she isn't dirty I always give her a bath. A couple days ago I decided to be the lazy mom and not give her a bath and it was pure hell. She didn't end up going to sleep until around 10 and that was after I caved in and gave her a bath. Right after bathtime she is already rubbing her eyes and ready for bed. I will put her in bed at 8:00 and wont go into her room until she is completly asleep that means if she cries then she cries I wont go in there and cuddle her because it takes even longer. She usually will be asleep in 15 minutes.Then she wakes up between 8 and 9 in the morning. Good Luck.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009