was my daughter in the wrong?

i took my kids to the park today with a friend. well my 4 year old daughter was playing on the monkey bars and my friends son was walking under her and she kicked him on accident. She did not mean to he was just walking under at the wrong time. Well he was bleeding because of it and my friend said it was my daughters fault because she should have been watching to make sure no one was under her. My daughter just got to where she can do the monkey bars by herself. So my question is was my daughter at fault.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think she was at fault, exactly. I mean, yeah, maybe she should have been watching to make sure no one was under her, but by that same standard, shouldn't your friend's son have been watching to make sure he didn't walk under someone up on it? I think maybe your daughter should say she's sorry, since she did hurt him, but I don't think this is something that she should be punished for or told she's wrong or anything like that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:02 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No, it was an accident, she didn't mean to, and that mother if she saw what happened she should had understood. But either way kids get hurt, alot of times at the playground b/c they are running around being kids. Hasn't she seen the neosporin commercials!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Does It really matter who's fault it was? A kid got hurt, I'm sure your dd felt bad..but she's only 4! Accidents happen, I don't think theirs any reason to play "the blame game" especialy when it involves kids, what is that teaching them?
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 8:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I think it was an innocent accident. I think your friend needs to know when to let things slide. They're kids, and things happen. She needs to let kids be kids. Your daughter wasn't wrong.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• personally, i think if you see your kid about to get kicked in the face you should try to stop him. i understand you can't always prevent these things but she shouldn't blame your daughter. they're just kids doing what they do best.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No your dd was not a fault. Your friend probaly just said this because she was upset that her son was bleeding. If this is a good friend, just call her and ask how her child is and tell her your sorry he got hurt. She should just leave it at that, she'll realize it wasn't your dd's fault.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No, I think kids should know what happens on monkey bars - if you should blame anyone, it should be the boy who was walking underneath them without looking. I always taught my kids to watch out for themselves - don't walk behind the swings, under the monkey bars, etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:29 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• No one is really at fault, accidents happen. When my kids accidently hurt someone I just have them apologize.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• It's called an accident, shit happens
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• if anyone needs to find fault with the situation then it is your friend for not teaching her son to walk around playground equipment that is in use.  When you are on the monkey bars it is hard to keep looking down when you are supposed to look up so you know where to put your hands. She also needs to teach him to walk W-A-Y around the swings when someone is swinging.... IJS

accidents happen that is why we use that word.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009