Would you please pray/send good thoughts . . .

Two girls were in a horrible accident at their Bridgeport, TX high school this week - this school is actually our rival in sports. There was an awning that collapsed and landed on them. One girl died, and the other was seriously injured and is now in the hospital.

Would you please pray for these girls and their families? This is such a tragic accident, and so very sad.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6587828.html

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Jenni, how tragic. Of course they will be in my prayers. Their families and friends,also. God bless them both. My heart aches for the parents of the girl who died. Last week, one of my son's 14 year old friends committed suicide. She shot herself,over a boy! It's been a very sad week around our house,this is the first one of his friends who has passed away,and he took it very hard.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• TRAGIC AND SAD INDEED! MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILIES DEALING WITH THIS HORRIBLE LOSS.

Answer by older at 9:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• stvmen88 - I am so sorry he is having to go through that. Both of my brothers had friends that committed suicide, and I've had a friend that was shot and killed in a robbery. It's not easy to lose friends at that age - I'll keep y'all in my prayers as well.

older - thank you hon. How are things on your end? Did everyone's surgeries go well?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sending prayers
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• very sad... indeed. thanks for the story
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Father God, I pray that you would be with the families who have suffered this week in this tragic event. I ask that you would comfort them as we believe only you can do. Help them to be strengthened by your presence. In Jesus name. Amen.

cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:56 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Oh my goodness how horrible. I sincerely hope the one who has been hospitalized pulls through without any permanent difficulties. I also hope they look into the cause of the awning collapsing in order to prevent this from happening again.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thank you everyone.

Here's a bit of an update for those that might be interested:

http://blog.taragana.com/n/texas-high-school-grieves-for-17-year-old-girl-killed-in-store-awning-collapse-150722/
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 27, 2009