My weight...

I'm trying to lose weight by eating healthier and getting more exercise. Here's my question, why is my weight going up and down? I do splurge on the weekends for one meal, but it shouldn't be enough to make me gain, I wouldn't think. Any ideas why this is?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Don't worry about what the scale says. Its normal for it to go up and down especially when you're working out because muscle weighs more than fat. You should be measuring yourself to see if you're losing inches.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You may be backed up a little that day or retaining extra water due to the heat all sorts of things can effect a scale. Wiegh yourself first thing every morning before you eat or drink anything and after you pee lol. Then you might ave more steady results. When im trying to drop pounds I stay away from the scales and really just vibe off how my clothes feel. Remember muscle does wiegh more then fat. What are you doing for excercise?
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• make sure you don't gain muscle mass till you loose inches first.. You can have a six pack of abs...under a sheet of fat..and it will just make you look bigger. If you do want to work your muscles ..tone.. not bulk. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 27, 2009