How do i get my mostly potty trained DD to poop on the potty?

DD is potty trained as far as wee wee goes and has been for months, and she knows poop goes in the potty cause when she has an accident she tells me but she only does a little bit in her pants and when i put her on the toilet all progress stops she does nothing to finish. She has gone before on the potty and i bribe her with sweet rewards and follow threw when it's done but for the past month she would rather stand in a corner and poop then on the toilet.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 8:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son was pee pee trained totally - even at nap time and night time. He would not poop in the potty at all. One day as I had him sitting on the toilet he asked for a diaper to poop in. I told him I didn't have any diapers and told him I didn't have any money to buy diapers (I did and I had a whole box of diapers). He said, "You don't have any diapers?" Again I said no. He said, "Ok Mommy, I'll poop in the potty." He did and hasn't had any accidents since then and hasn't had a diaper. That's been 5 months ago. I don't know if you are putting diapers on her or not but maybe, if you are, try something like that.
    MamaChop05

Answer by MamaChop05 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Take what is in her panties and without her knowing put it in the potty...then when she gets up, make a big deal like she actually did it...that's what worked for my DD and we haven't had a problem yet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I told my son that the potty needs to eat his poop and drinks his urine. So when he had to go he would run to the toilet and yell at it. I know it sounds stupid but after I told him that he has not had a accident. Hope this helps.
    munchkinman

Answer by munchkinman at 8:48 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Okay, so you may laugh at me or say this might be wrong, but on days that no one came over or its just family, I just let mine run around naked so they have to go on the potty. It took a bit for my son to go poop on the potty but we finally achieved it. We did dances and songs when he was on the potty and stickers for poop. We make a huge deal about it, they feel accomplished when they see your reaction. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am having the same problem with my 2 yr old daughter. It is driving me crazy!
    jennweav01

Answer by jennweav01 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 27, 2009