sex after givng birth

I had sex 3 weeks afer giving birth, they say to wait 6 weeks but one thing led to another. Now I am wondering if I could of done harm to myself by doing it? I dont feel anything other than a little sore down there. Any one out there do the same as I did by not waiting the whole 6 weeks?

x03e09

Asked by x03e09 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You only run a higher risk of infection...and if you had any stitches, you could have tore them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• you should be okay I had to wait for healing purposes. but if it didn't heurt then all should be fine... not everyone waits
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I did the same thing after my first baby and the only thing that happened was i was really sore down there for a couple of days!!!! After my 2nd and 3rd babies, i waited 4 weeks is all. I think you are fine.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I waited 6 weeks I wanted to heal properly didn't need anymore damage for sure! Plus I was still bleeding at 3 weeks, gross.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I was so ready 1 week after delivering but my hubby wasnt quite ready...scared to get pregnant again...lol....so we actually ended up having sex 2 weeks after delivery and it didnt hurt or anything...felt like before i had the baby just without the big bump..lol i would just say if it hurts wait if it dont go for it just make sure you are good with cleaning down there after.
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• We tried at 4 weeks but it was too painful. It is still sorta uncomfortable now at 6 months!
    I think if you feel fine then go for it. Just take it slow and use lotsa lube
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009