Who has power?

those of you with an ex hubby, does he still have power over you? like with paying child support late? getting extra time? make you kinda feel sorry for him?

i dont know why, but for some reason i can be a hard ass b*tch to everyone else but him.. he just gets in there and ripz my heart out every phone convo.. he always yelling and cussing at me, but i just bow down to the man.. an it sucks full blow balls..

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 9:13 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• You know I do the same thing with my ex...and I hate it. I don't love him anymore as the mom above me said you might. I am remarried, and so is he, although now he's getting a divorce. But for some reason I always bow down to him, let him call most of the shots concerning our dd. We have been apart for over 10 years. Maybe it's the fact that he is her father, and I will always care about him because of that. I know he loves her and wants what is best for her...in his opinion....but we do bump heads! But 9 times out of 10 I let him have his way. I drive myself crazy! Sorry I was really no help in understanding why we feel this way. But your not alone! :)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You are a woman and should not bow down to him, you obviously did a good thing by not being with him and that took/takes a lot of strength, I wouldn't be so leiniant, he has to earn his rights and respect, he's not your husband anymore. I've been wondering the same thing though, b/c I've been wanting to leave my husband for a while, and he already has 3 other kids, I just really don't think I want him in my life after it's over, he's got a lot of issues isn't the same man as when we married he changed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Sounds like you are still in love with him.

Answer by louise2 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• my Mom was a real push over with my Dad...but it was more or less b/c she didn't want to argue or fight with him...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• there is no "power" in any of my relationships. There is only complete equality. I would rip my ex a new one if he ever talked to me that way. Hell no, he couldn't rip at my heart even if he tried w/ a pick ax. that is laughable. That man is so disgusting to me....

But, we remain civil for my daughter.

In my personal relationship....haha! We are equals. No one has the "power". Gosh, i just thought of HE-MAN...lol! "I'VE GOT THE POWERRRRR" lololol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• man i thought i was she-ra.. samurai.. lol

to everyone else but louise2.. thanx.. i dont love him at all he makes me up chuck in my mouth everytime i have to talk to him.. i dont know what i was thinking back in the day.. but anyhoo.. we have court next month cause he is over 1000.00 behind on cs, and i dont want to go but they say i have to be.. im on the edge of my seat, im ate up inside and my hubby gets pissed cause he gets to me.. up what can i do?? now my hubby is upset cause he thinks well who knows.. but GGGRRR i just cant take tis anymore..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:46 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• If you truly were over him, he would not get under your skin like that. Sometimes people do not want to here the truth.

Answer by louise2 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 27, 2009