Period after having a baby?!

So, I was wondering what is the normal. I am about 8 weeks postpartum, so 2 months. I am not breastfeeding, never did. Me and my DH has unprotected sex a couple times, I am on no form of BC, stupid I know. After baby I bled for about a week, then it stopped, nothing. I was wondering if it's normal to go 2 months w/o a period, or maybe i could be pregnant again?!

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't start getting a period until about 3 months. I read somewhere that its rare to get pregnant again so soon after you give birth. I would start using some sort of birth control before you realize your pregnant again
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I breastfed so I know that is different! My period returned 6 months, 4 months, and 1 month later!! Somehow breastfeeding didn't even slow things down, especially with the 3rd child. Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:22 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• it's normal but it's also possible to get pregnant that soon even if you never had a period, so you better test every few weeks just in case!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I def. don't want another child right now, something I should of thought about before having unprotected sex, but I always thought you couldn't get pregnant until you had your period? Or am I wrong? I am going to go buy a HPT b/c I am scared, I have my handfulls right now. A 2 yr old and a 2 month old, I don't want another one right now, I'll update later.
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Actually if you aren't BF'ing and on no form of BC, you very well could be pregnant. I know several women who have gone in for 6 weeks check ups and found out they were pregnant again. You dont have to have your period to get pregenant. You still can and do ovulate. I would take a test if I were you.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:11 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thanks for the info abbynszachsmommy i took a HPT, it was neg. but, i will test in another week. b/c those test mean nothing to me, I test neg after neg w/ my last baby. B4 going to planned parenthood and finding out i was 7 weeks preggo. I went to the doc and got on BC today(havent started them incase I am pregoo), and my hubby has to wear protection for like EVER, until I know for sure im not preggo and get to taking those BC pills. I dont want another kid,not right now, its not in MY PLAN! not for at tleast 5 years.
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009