work from home...is there such a site that is actually true?

I'm a single mom of a 9 year old boy with Asperger's--high functioning autism and I just found out that there is no child care center willing to take him because of his disability. I was a good hopeful job prospect from head start in my county and I have to turn it down because I can't be at two places at once. My question is that I might have to start looking for jobs that I can do at home...has any mom's out there find success in the work from home department? I'm not looking for those get rich programs, I want something that is legitmate:-)

Jessie

msjessie1879

Asked by msjessie1879 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• clark howard has a site that has many of the ligit ones gl! heres the link http://clarkhoward.com/topics/workathome_help.html
    toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 9:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Hi, Jesse. I just got your email and I will be sending you a reply soon. In the mean time I want to answer you here. There are LOTS of work at home opportunities out there. Both business and jobs. I would recommend that the first thing you do is make a disission as to what you are really looking for. Check out www.Sabrinas-Closet.info and go to the Start Here Page. That will help to guide you through finding something that is right for you. I will also answer your email and get you all the answers you were looking for there. Hopefully together we can find you something that will work for you!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• YES!!!! The comp I work with has great success especially with moms needing to be home with their children! I have a 5 year old and 2 year old that I get to be home with while I am working. The comp I team up with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You have to be careful........ there are lots of scams out there. If you have to pay $ to sign up DON'T DO IT!........ also stay away from anything that sounds really fishy... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! There are some legit jobs out there. I am a freelance writer, and it pays enough for me to stay home. Here are some articles I've written on WAH jobs.

I will post you some of my articles on working at home....... see below:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Thanks for all the great links - except now I want to keep reading and reading and I won't get anything else accomplished!
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:02 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 12:53 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

This is a great job. I do this from home, and I love it. It's super easy and tons of fun!! Let me know if I can help with questions or anything! Hope you have a great day!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• these are all scams.!!! these ppl said the same exact thing on another group board. geeez..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 27, 2009