What will happen to our pets?

When the rapture takes place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hahaha. You read my journal, didn't you... Malarkey I say.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• They will go to pet heven.

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• OMG I did just read your post Mythic...that's insane!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well . . .
    To be honest, I don't believe in the rapture (that's not a very popular belief among Christians here on CM, so chances are I'm about to be severely bashed for that . . . ) . . .

BUT I believe that pets go to a form of heaven specifically set aside just for them. Regardless of how many scriptures someone might throw at me telling me that pets don't have souls, I refuse to believe that any animal capable of of feeling love the way some pets do will NOT go to some form of heaven. I had four amazing dogs that were all very loving animals and showed more love and emotion than some humans I know. There's no way those sweet babies are not running around in some doggie heaven chasing rabbits and eating snausages . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Ok, I kinda had to giggle jennijune. That may be doggie heaven, but it sounds like rabbit hell. Hehehe. I do agree though, if there is a heaven for humans there would most probably be a heaven for animals too.. if I believed that sort of thing that is...
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• LOL, Mythic! "Rabbit hell" . . . I didn't think of the poor bunnies!!

I just went and read your journal - I can't believe that!! That is just sad - and pathetic!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Well, I don't believe in the rapture or heaven in the Biblical sense... but I do believe that all living things are on the same journey here to the same place --- just taking different paths.

So... let's just say for the sake of arguement Heaven does exist & I go there.... my pets will be with me. If not, then I resign my place in Heaven to go whereever my pets go. To me... that isn't heaven and any God that would deny my fur babies entrance isn't any God I'm interested in knowing.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Someone once showed me a scripture that said that our pets will be in heaven with us. I have no idea where the scripture is though. But I absolutely believe that animals have souls, no doubt about it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I'm with feesharose, I think they'll be with us. I have to remind my hubby of this because he still mourns the loss of his black lab Tank that we lost 4 years ago.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 27, 2009