pulling off diaper

my 12 month old has been pulling off his diaper at night then pooping in his crib. He has been doing the for about a week now. I have put shorts on him to cover his diaper but he takes them off too.
My mom thinks that he is ready for potty training but he doesn't seem like it too me. He can't walk yet and never lets us know when he has to go or anything like that
Any advice would be wonderful

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 9:41 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD was doing the same thing. As of 22mo though, she still can't figure out how to get out of a Onesie. :) She started doing it at nap time only, then at night, then anytime. Snap waisted jammies or onesies keep her away from the diaper, and I don't have to do baby sheets 7 times a week now. :) I would stick to onesies while it is still warm out, and go for the 2 piece PJs that snap at the waistband when it gets cooler.
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 1:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2009

• Try putting the diaper on backwards. This will help if he is taking it off by undoing the tabs.
    proffet78

Answer by proffet78 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• buy a bigger dipar so you have a big strap that can almost go around him,lol,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My 18 month old is pulling his diaper off at night and on naps as well. What we did to get him to stop was a onsie AND shorts... its a bit harder. xD
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Use duct tape around the waist ;-)
    busymomwa

Answer by busymomwa at 10:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• what about putting him in Footsy Pj's with a zipper? or a onsie and pants instead?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• put him to sleep wearing a onsie :)
    dormilona

Answer by dormilona at 10:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Duct tape the diaper closed at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2009