When your child started crawling/walking, what was their new favorite "toy"?

My daughter started crawling earlier this week. Her new favorite things to play with are the AC vents (lol), watching the fish tank, and chewing shoes (gross!!). I try to keep the shoes put up, but she always find a stray one and usually makes it to her mouth before I can get it away, lol it's so nasty!

What were you children's favorite toys that weren't really toys once they could explore?

I am lucky so far she has only made it out of the living room one time!

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:43 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My yarn! She has totally destroyed one baby blanket I was working on by pullling on it. I came back in and she had it draped all over her. I thought I had put it up high enough that she couldn't get to it but I found out differently. Now I work on them only when she's asleep.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Crawling was the buttons on the PS3 and the DVD player. She also liked dvds. She would put a dvd under each palm and slide on the carpet everywhere it was so cute. Now that she's walking it's pretty much whatever she can get her little hands on. She loves to touch buttons of any kind. She like lids off of tupperware dishes, pots and pans, laundry (clean of course). toilet paper, dvds, magazines, basically anythng. Whenever she wakes up I basically have to shut all doors, put all gates up and anything I dont want her messing with goes up so she cant mess with it.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• My daughter kept opening the glass cabinet on the entertainment center so she could paw through all the colorful CDs and DVDs. It drove me crazy! I kept trying to teach her not to do it before I finally gave up and just put a baby lock on the cabinet door. She also liked to pull up on the windowsills and gave out the windows into the yard.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:16 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I've got several stories (have 5 kids and five step). The ones that stick in my head is one loved getting into my huge flour bin-about 30#'s. And the dog and cat food were always big favs.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2009