Help! I am torn between guilt and making myself happy.

I divorced my husband after 19yrs because he is a couch potato. He is great with the kids, we never had disagreements. We always worked together to solve issues. As the kids got older and started hunging more w/their friends, I became involued in line dancing and started teaching line dancing. I would ask him all the time to go w/me, but no, he wanted to stay home and watch TV or go to the movies with the kids. Which is great, dont get me wrong, but at least he could have went w/me a few time a month. Anyway, when our youngest turned 15, I decided that I had enought of being and go places by myself. Let me add something else. I do still love him, but I am not in love w/him and I started feeling that way 5 yrs before I asked him for a divorce. I hurt him real bad when I asked for a divorce. He even cried and ask me not to file or leave. Well I did anyway. Now I feel very guilty that I hurt him so much. How do I get over this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• You did what you felt was best for you. Your relationship changed. Just remember why you left.

Answer by louise2 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I agree with the PP.. I know your hurting inside, but you have to remember why you left. Did he understand that wast he reason.. because he never wanted to do anything ?
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Divorce is hard, it's like a death that you never really get closure on. If you feel in your heart that you were not happy then you did the right thing, becausue eventually you would have made him miserable too. I believe most marriages are worth saving, have you guys thought about counsling? The important thing is to be true to yourself. Your soon to be ex will get over this, but it will take some time. Good luck!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 27, 2009