Absolutly exhausted

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and absolutly exhausted. I have zero energy is this normal? Daily activities take EVERYTHING out of me like taking a shower or vacumming. I knew I would be tired yes but it wasn't even this bad in my first trimester. Is this normal?

Jillybeans24

Asked by Jillybeans24 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes. All your organs, including your lungs are squashed as far as they can be -- it makes it hard to take a deep cleansing breath like you did when you had a lot of room. Your center of gravity is shifted and it takes a LOT more effort to get up, stabilize, and walk. A large percentage of your blood goes to the placenta. The pressure on your pelvic bones and nerves also make it harder for your blood to pump back up from your legs (it was hard enough without the added pressure :) ) Your body demands sleep and constant rest because it is working hard on maintaining your own systems as well as the baby's with everything out of place.

If the baby drops, you will suddenly feel more refreshed because your lungs will have more room. Though the draw back might be that you'll not be able to move fast becuse of the pelvic pressure :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:28 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You are at the final stretch so you will feel totally drained. You have a big baby in you now and it's growing a lot faster then before getting ready to make it's arrival. During my last trimester I could barely do anything it just took so much out of me. Good luck
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 27, 2009