Dream Help...

I first want to state I'm NOT Christian, never have been never will be. So the "find Jesus" answers are not needed here!

But I need help because I have this reaccuring dream that is really starting to affect my life. I am bi-polar and can not afford medication so I have been untreated for the last 3 years. This fact only adds issues to the fact that I am afraid to sleep because I will have this dream again and when I am awake I see it playing in my head. I am known to have visions but don't think that's what this is...

Anyway, in the dream I am sitting in my bed with my son. (At the head of my bed is a window) When an unseen force forces my hands up to the window frame and nails them in place... As my son lays in my lap I bleed to death. And my children are left alone all day until my husband finally gets home to find me and them.

I don't know why this started or what to do, but it has to stop. I need sleep!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe trying some exercises that allow you to take control of your dreams would help, so you can steer yourself out of it when it starts up. Looking up lucid dreaming and dream control will head you to what I am talking about. Good Luck! and hopefully sweet dreams.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:15 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Honestly I would say that dream is tellign you that you feel trapped because of your depression and you are worrying about you abilities as a mom. There are programs out there tha can help with medicine cost. I would find a way to do it. You deserve to be happy
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:17 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Wow, what a scary dream!!

I think that one thing I would try is some pre-sleep meditation - like MythicMMM suggested. Also, some calming music or armomatherapy such as lavender might help as well.

One thing that I have learned about recurring dreams, too, is that they come back when I dwell on them. I know it's hard, but try to put the dream out of your mind. Don't allow it to control you. When it starts to come to your mind say "NO!" and force yourself to think of something joyful and happy in your life. This is something that has helped me - and I have some HORRIBLE dreams - almost nightly!

You might also try to find out what the meaning behind the dream is - there may be something going on in your life that is triggering it. Looking up dream interpretation or finding someone here on CM that can help you do that might also be a huge help.

Good luck!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• The bed and your son signify comfort. They are what give you peace. The window signifies the outside world and fear. Being nailed to 'the outside world' takes away your comfort and control and you feel as if you will lose everything- including your life, thus not being there any longer for your children or your husband.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:47 AM on Aug. 27, 2009

• You dream has to do with your spiritual state and where you are in your life right now. You just said you refuse to hear anything about Jesus but this dream is a result of that unbelief in your life. the bleeding signifies a spiritual death, you are being bound to the unseen force which I believe is satanic, however the person that rescues you is your husband, he is the closest person in your life and that often represents the Holy Spirit. The bed signifies covenant.. it can be a good or bad covenant depending on whom you choose to serve. One of the first things that crossed my mind at the beginning was Crucifixion. I think by saying you do not want to hear of the Jesus stuff tells me you already know in your heart what it is about. I do hope you find freedom one day. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• First, Jesus has nothing to do with it. No demons are involved either--though I can see how it could seem that way. Our dreams are messages from our own subconcious and concern a mental or emotional state. The bedroom itself represents you. Blood represents your life force and losing blood in the dream signifies a loss of vitality or control. I'm sure you feel out of control as far as your emotions are concerned and this is translated into the dream. The invisible force is the part of yourself that you may feel binds you and limits you--the sense of being unwillingly helpless to stop what's happening. Of being forced. Your own death represents great change, one that you may be struggling to achieve. The window represents something you are reaching for--something only you can know. You may be shying away from what is outside--afraid to go out and live life because you feel different.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• Reoccuring dreams usually give you insight to reoccuring stresses or issues in your life. Examine how the dream makes you feel, that is the best interpretation. Dreams of bleeding usually represents that you are feeling "drained" or exhausted. I would say that this dream is telling you that you are feeling exhausted (your mental health is probably playing into this) & you are worried that your "shortcomings" (windows in dreams are often a porthole to your mind) will negatively effect your child. I suggest that before going to sleep you have some quiet time (meditation) where you remind yourself how well you are dealing with your life, how much you love your child (or children you mention a son, but later say children so perhaps you have other kids who aren't specifically in the dream?) & how well you did today taking care of him (them).
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• * Zakysmommy and Ihartu's answers explain pretty much everything I was going to say.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I couldn't have put it any better than Ihartu and witchqueen. Try the meditation like MM is saying. Lavender does help calm nerves. Try reading something fun possibly even sensual and a nice warm bath right before bed. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:58 PM on Aug. 27, 2009

• I am not bi-polar, but I do have clinical depression. I understand that not being able to afford any meds, I can't even afford a dr visit. I too get really weird and freaky dreams that sometimes scare me to the point where I can't sleep for days for fear of having them. When I get these I sit and write about them, every tiny detail that I can remember. Then I will sort of act as my own shrink and just let my thoughts wander on the pages. Sometimes I can figure things out, but more often then not, just getting it out of my head and onto paper will keep me from having them anymore.
    I'm also a Pagan/Witch, so I'll talk with my Goddesses and spirit guides. That helps too.
    Good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2009